Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hibiscis leaves are tiny...

Posted by sissylou 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 13:06

I have two topiary hibiscus that are planted in very large ceramic pots. They were beautiful last year, but have very small leaves this season. They are blooming, but look very puny. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks so much!
Sis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hibiscis leaves are tiny...

Hi Sissy I'm In El Paso and I've had those tiny one inch leaves (with lots of blooms!) since April before the 100 degree weather. Mine is variegated (white and red with green spots)and I've had it in a pot for 5 yrs re-potted it 2years ago so it hasn't been disturbed and the color is still good it's just kind of pathetic looking... I thought it was something I did... the weather has been strange in most parts of the country this year...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here