Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
picking mulberries in Albuquerque

Posted by fabaceae_native z6 NM (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 26, 11 at 18:40

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone out there knows of some good fruiting mulberry trees in Albuquerque?

In past years I've picked from roadside trees, and am hoping to find some more scenically located.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Also, is anything else ripe yet? Did any of the apricot trees escape the bad spring weather to produce fruit?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: picking mulberries in Albuquerque

We had a good handful of apricots, but lost quite alot to the winds. My nectarines came and went. They were really plentiful and delicious. We did lose our pomegranite, however new growth has come up from the bottom. Same thing happened with my figs. I just picked about 15 plums, which is much less than in previous years. I have a volunteer mulberry tree that just started growing in my yard about 2-3 years ago, so I don't know what kind it is. It had baby fruits on it, but the wind blew them all off. I have peaches that are still a ways off from being ripe as well as grapes and quince. My yard gets full sun all day, so I believe that helped the fruit trees recover from the bitter winter. I hope if you have fruit trees you have a bountiful harvest.

o
RE: picking mulberries in Albuquerque

That's great to hear that the Feb deep freeze and late frosts still left you with some fruit.

I've got trees/plants of: apricot, peach, nectarine, plum, apple, pear, mulberry, currant, gooseberry, grape, and this year no fruit except a few currants and mulberries (luckily there are more of these nearby). Deep freeze the culprit for the apricot, peach, nectarine, grape, the late frosts killed the blossoms of most everything else. A rough year for sure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here