Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frdnicholas

Is this SVB?

frdnicholas
10 years ago

My zuccini's are turning yellow at about 2-3 inches long. In our 95+ temperatures with less than 20 humidity I have been soaking them daily. The leaves look fine. Is there a chance this is overwatering and not the SVB? How should I look for this bug?

Comments (2)

• fabaceae_native
    10 years ago

I was under the impression that the squash vine borer damaged the vine itself (ie. the stems and leaf stalks), so the leaves would be affected, not the fruit. I've never had SVB but apparently they can easily be found around the base of the plant, where they will be making holes in the stems.

Your problem does not sound like an insect pest, possibly some disease (viral or fungal maybe) or nutrient deficiency.

• mswillis5
    10 years ago

I am going to chime in. Your squash are not being pollinated are are dropping from the plant. This is normal. If the squash are pollinated they develop otherwise they will stop producing. Definitely not squash vine borer as it kills the entire plant. Try and pollinate the flowers when they are open and see if this helps the squash develop.

Sponsored