Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone on here grow Euphorbia heterophylla??

Posted by denninmi (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 12 at 11:05

Or have it growing wild on their land?

I used to have this plant, and it was a wonderful bedding plant/container plant/cut flower. Unfortunately, I lost the seed I had harvested one year due to a family health crisis, I left them in my greenhouse to dry, didn't get back to them, and voles or mice actually took the seed, which surprised me since I thought they would be toxic.

I've been searching for a seed source for several years. Bought some and paid a lot of $ from a seed company in Europe, and it proved to not even be true to species, or at least true to type -- was very weedy, had very narrow, almost willow-like leaves, and absolutely NO red on the bracts.

I would LOVE to have some seeds in the autumn, and would be happy to reciprocate with a trade of some sort.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone on here grow Euphorbia heterophylla??

I've got some. Shoot me an email with your address and I'll collect some seed for you if you want. I'm near Dallas if that makes any difference in the seed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here