Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So sad -- my cherry sage died

Posted by Violet.West 8a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 18:43

(aka Autumn sage or salvia greggi). it was my favorite, too! And it got water! Second plant in that location to die, so maybe it's a bad juju spot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So sad -- my cherry sage died

How much water, and how often?

And how long had it been in that spot?

Even 'drought tolerant" plants need to be pampered the first year or two.

o

For me, knowing how to treat new plants is the toughest problem in the Southwest. Many xeric plants will die if overwatered, but will also die if underwatered. How can I tell? Yes, I check the ground to see if the soil is dry, but I'm having perennials and shrubs die off even with careful pampering.

So far my salvias have held up, and s. greggii performs the best of all. Wish I could say the same of the lavenders which are supposed to be easy here in NM.

Cheryl

o

It was on a drip system. I find it hard to believe that I gave it too much water, though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here