Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
metaled

Beneficial Bacteria Breeding?

MetalEd
11 years ago

I have a serious problem with my plants that I have tracked down to a fungi or bacteria. A lot of my plants and my neighbors trees start out in the spring with symptoms similar to leaf curl (peach).. Plants like pomegranate, peach, grape, tomato, green been, peppers (8 variety so far).. I have also found a white fungi growing under large areas of bark mulch when the soil is moist. And for years I have tried different things to grow healthy plants, without success.

Most of the plants will show great improvement when we get real dry (drought area)... They will actually thrive unless they die from lack of water. (illness comes back with regular watering, must keep things very dry!)

So I assume it is a water/ground born bacteria and I am trying to treat it with Bayer's Natria, which is bacillus subtilis..

The few plants I have treated have shown improvement in just a few days. But this stuff is very expensive and it covers very little of my yard/plants per a bottle (recommend treating weekly).

Can this stuff be bred? (grown/incubated)??? I thought maybe it could be and am trying an experiment. I filled a 5 gallon bucket with water, threw in a handful of worm casing and then sprayed about a cup of the treatment into the bucket. It has been kept warm and in the dark for almost 24 hours. It is getting real cloudy (white, same as the treatment when it is in concentrate. it was originally clear) and smells like the spray (vinegary type smell)...is this the beneficial bacteria multiplying that I am looking at, or is it just wishful thinking. It seems like this would be proper conditions to create more of this bacteria for use in garden/yard sprayer.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks all!

Ed

Comments (4)

Sponsored