Sun, Aug 22, 04 at 13:28
|i recently acquired several yucca seed pods. I want to be able to plant them, but i know nothing about the care and maintenance of yucca. I'm not quite sure what type of yucca it is. Can anyone tell me when where and how i can plant these yucca seeds?
|Plant them in a pot as you would other seeds. I recently planted some yucca myself, the sprout pretty quickly, water well to germinate then when the plant gets about 2-3 inches let the top of the soil get a bit dry before watering again. Let the yucca establish good strong roots before you replant into your yard, when you replant give it the normal amount of water, about once a month or once every two weeks if no monoons have hit.|
Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here