Sun, Aug 22, 04 at 13:28
|i recently acquired several yucca seed pods. I want to be able to plant them, but i know nothing about the care and maintenance of yucca. I'm not quite sure what type of yucca it is. Can anyone tell me when where and how i can plant these yucca seeds?
|Plant them in a pot as you would other seeds. I recently planted some yucca myself, the sprout pretty quickly, water well to germinate then when the plant gets about 2-3 inches let the top of the soil get a bit dry before watering again. Let the yucca establish good strong roots before you replant into your yard, when you replant give it the normal amount of water, about once a month or once every two weeks if no monoons have hit.|
Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.