Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
superman9138

Home Depot (or lowes) question, HELP

superman9138
19 years ago

Hey guys,

Youve always helped me out and given me good advice, and I wanna know if I can do the following::

I have heard that if you print out the page that is linked at the bottom and bring it into Home Depot (or Lowes) and ask them to order you a few 15 galloners that they would do it, have any of you had experience of doing this?

thanks

Scott

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Depot Cali Fan Palm Print out

Comments (5)

• lazy_gardens
    19 years ago

They might order it, but you DO NOT WANT that palm tree.

It's huge and messy ...

Here is a link that might be useful: Palm tree horrors!

• cactus_dude
    19 years ago

Hi Scott

I have to strongly disagree with lazygardens regarding California Fan Palms. I think Washingtonias (both species) are beautiful and amazing trees. That's cool though, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Anyway, if you have success ordering, please let me know, because I would like to get another W. filifera myself. Do you know if they do this with Phoenix dactylifera too?

• superman9138
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Everyone that can grow Washies really well in their climate hate em, we love them here,

Cactus buddy, I have no idea about the date palms, If they do it with Calis, then I assume that they would do it with those too, I heard that you can ask em to order you any plant and that they will do it, but I dont know, If they wont, then im just gonna head down to Las Cruces next april and pick some up and put them in the ground, if you like robustas, Osuna nursery has some smaller ones (smaller than the 25 gallon, 200 dollor ones) about 1-3 gallon for 24 bucks, if your interested.

• Rtskeeno1
    19 years ago

I live in Southeast Texas, I visited a friend in Phoenix, Arizona and fell in love with the trees they use in their landscape so much I bought back to Texas. I live in Southeast Texas in alittle town,Dickinson,TX between Galveston and Houston our zones are the same(zone 9) as Phoenix although we have alot of humidity we basicly grow the same plants and cacti/succulents except for most trees, that is,I haven't seen any here and known what they were,however The plants I bought back and planted in May are Acacia aneurum(Mulga) and Stenophylla (shoestring)two large Ocotills,one is in the ground the other in a large plant pot they're still living but they haven't turn green when it rains as they do in Arizona,hopefully they wil next spring and summer as for my shoestring, oh and I think is a willow acacia are doing just beauiful I also bought a little leaf Palo Verde and a Palo Breda which I love,but I bough them in 3gal. pots and one is barely,in fact only a little stump in is up out the dirt it is slill in the pot seem to be alive the other is in the ground and alive I wish I had gotten them in the sizes I got the other trees I think they were 5 gal.for $24.-- in fact I got them at Lowes and Home Depot and I have tried to find out how I can get these plants throuhg my local stores here especially since the counties here and around or advicing us to do xeriscape gardening and some landscaping. I've gone to the stores here but they talk as if they do not order their plants from the same companies you order your plants so can you help me in someway to be able to buy these plant here at my local Home Depot and or Lowes? Thank you,Rtskeeno1@wmconnect.com

• beaustephenson
    19 years ago

I agree with cactus dude; I think filiferas are great trees, especially when used in grouping and when some thatch is left on- excellent oasis effect. I strongly dislike when they are over-pruned (rooster-tailed), and I think that they are really too big for residential use, even though I have a couple in my yard. I don't find them messy AT ALL.
    beau

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz