|Are you doing anything special in preparation for the El Niño winter we're supposed to get?
Here in the far western Mojave, we're expecting extra precipitation. But I know better than to count on rain, ever.
At my house, I broke down and bought the gravel to mulch my xeriscape.
I'm debating ordering some pretty things from High Country Garden, or at a minimum putting in some more yuccas.
Anyone else with plans?
|Hi! I am in the Mojave Desert too. I am planning on setting up rain barrels this year. I read that if only an inch of rain falls on a 2000 sq ft roof it will fill a bunch of barrels.|
|We've been thinking about doing that as well. We're debating rain gutters -- I think we'd get a lot of sand in them. |
My hubbie puts out poor man's rain barrels (relatively clean garbage cans) everytime it rains. We handwater for a week or so after a big rain.
|Hoping for tons of snow in central NM. It insulates my Trashycarpus too.|
Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here