Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cerise_gw

Miracle Gro

cerise
10 years ago

Hi everyone: I remember about 8 yrs ago Miracle Gro made a dispenser that could be attached to a hose. One could then fertilize & water simultaneously. I have one of those deep-watering devices (shaped like a T) because my soil is very hard and clay-like. It's the only way I can get water to the poor dry trees, the roots are parched. I wanted to fertilize the roots at the same time, but alas I cannot find a fertilizer dispenser.

Any suggestions?

Comment (1)

• nmgirl
    10 years ago

Those "deep watering devices" are one of the worst things you can use. The majority of a tree's roots are in the top 12" of the soil. By using this attachment you bypass them completely.
    Your trees would be happier if you used a small sprinkler and watered at the dripline and out beyond it. A tree's roots can easily extend out 2-3 times it's height. Don't water at the trunk.
    Don't fertilize your trees until you can give them a good drink. The saying is "Don't feed them if they're thirsty"
    You can put the Miracle Gro in any hose end sprayer, just set the dial to the correct mix. It won't really do the trees a lot of good but it won't hurt them either. You can also use any 10-10-10 lawn fertilizer.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio