Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Narrow Screening Plant?

Posted by mrsfox 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 19, 13 at 3:51

Just wondered if anyone has any suggestions for what to plant in a very narrow area (2.5 feet) that can grow to about 10 feet for screening purposes? I live in an arid climate, so drought tolerance would be great. Evergreen would be ideal, but I'll take any suggestions! The picture is where I want to plant for some privacy from the neighbors.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Narrow Screening Plant?

Where do you live? State and City?

Is it the across the street neighbor, or the over-the-fence neighbor? And what activity of your needs screening? There may be an easier way to get pool privacy or patio privacy.

Plants that will stay that narrow seldom get that tall ... and those that will quickly go to 10 feet are going to be wider than that.

A mix of shrubs and small trees, but in a wider bed that that, would work pretty well. Some evergreen and some flowering deciduous.

o
RE: Narrow Screening Plant?

I live in South Central Oregon. I would like more privacy from the over-the-fence neighbor...the 6' wooden fence quickly drops to about 2 feet towards the street. I'd just like more of a visual/sound barrier than that. Whenever I am out in the front yard watering or mowing I am being stared at, and I'd just like a little more privacy is all. What is the "easier" way to get the kind of privacy I'm looking for? Thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here