Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Darlow's Enigma

Posted by fancygarden 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 16, 07 at 18:23

Does anyone think that a rose named Darlow's Enigma would grow in the southern California foothills?

Our nights get down to 35 degrees in winter and the days are mostly in the 80's and 90's in the summer with lots of sun.

I need some white climbers to place along a back wall that is 9' tall and 150' long.

This rose is wonderfully frangrant and prolific.

My other roses do well, but are all grafted varieties.

Thanks!
fancygarden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Darlow's Enigma

I live in Zone 9 in New Mexico. I have a lot of roses, a few are climbers. It snows here from time to time. The roses survive. I find that they need some shade protection from the hot sun. White roses, in particular, tend to need shade. If your wall offers partial shade for the roses, they ought to work well.

A friend lives in Paso Robles, California. She planted a hedge of white Simplicity roses last year. She raves about those roses! She said they are very sturdy and bloom constantly. She hasn't mentioned fragrance, so I don't know about that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southwestern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here