Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pizza Farm

Posted by beachcitymom Southern CA (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 29, 03 at 1:31

Hi gang --

If your kids like pizza, check out www.pizzafarm.org ! This is a real farm in Madera, CA (just north of Fresno) and it looks great. I printed out a bunch of fact sheets and other goodies for the kids, and definitely plan to make this a stop on our family vacation (we're currently studying California).

The most interesting thing I found was the types of international pizza toppings: mayonnaise, potato and bacon in Japan; pickled ginger, mutton and tofu in India; something called "mockba" in Russia which is a combination of sardines, tuna, mackerel, salmon and onions.

Check it out and have some fun! It's encouraged me to try growing some pizza toppings myself.

Pam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pizza Farm

Last year, my 6 year old son and I planted a pizza garden. We did a big circle, dug it out, worked it up good before planting green onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, basil and oregano. We used yellow marigolds around and in between to be "cheese", and even bought a small bag of red mulch to be the "sauce"...it was SO much fun, and by summer's end, we had everything needed to make a yummy pizza :-)
Pam

o
RE: Pizza Farm

We used to do a "pizza garden" with our son when he was young. It was so much fun....he's in college now & still talks about it!!

..Beverly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here