Return to the Gardens and Education Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
info. on Sweet Bell Peppers

Posted by
mommasgonemad - 6
(mommasgonemad@usa.net) on
Sun, Jan 7, 01 at 1:38

Hi, Does anyone out grow them ,my plants keep turning out small and puny with one small pepper(if I'm Lucky) on each plant.This last season I planted 25 plants and got three peppers!Is there a certain organic fertilizer I could use to beef them up so they produce? I use plenty of Compost every year, this isn't helping. HELP!!!!mommasgonemad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: info. on Sweet Bell Peppers

Try posting your question on the Vegetable forum. The pros will give you some very good answers.

o

Hi, we grow both hot, & sweet, 8-10 varities & plant about 50- 250 plants each year.
pepper growing & care takes a lot of care. this is our program, if you see anything you need in more detail let me know.
we start all our own plants in side.
we transplant in early May into raised beds.
we remove all buds until July 1st.
they all get 12-45-10 foliar spray.
all plants are in cages.
we use soaker hoses on all plants.
keep plants harvested.
we usually harvest about 35-50 sweet peppers per plant, & several hundred hot peppers off each hot pepper plant.
all plants are mulched with straw to keep roots cool, & moist.
the plants will drop their blooms when the weather gets real hot.
Don

o

• Posted by Dirkie mid Netherlands (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 6, 03 at 10:07

I have last year in the netherlands grown my first sweet pepper in the open air. I got the seeds from a normal sweet pepper bought at the greengrocer. I planted some seeds and I had one plant. This plant was put in the vegetable garden and was at the end of the summer about 1.2 meters high. I harvested the fruits at a green stage. I harvested about 15 nice and big peppers. This year i`m also going to try to plant them in the garden. I have already about 15 seedlings of the 25 seeds i planted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardens and Education Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here