Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
selena_gw

Does music effect plant growth?

Selena
23 years ago

I`m a 7th grader and I am doing a project for my school science fair and it is does Music effect plant growth so When I find out the answer I will sign this again!!! Good Luck If you want to e-mail me to see what the results are you can. Thanks

Comments (23)

• Shalini
    23 years ago

Actually wat type of music will affect the growth of plants??Everybody says different things...Which is the real one??PLEASE HELP ME I AM IN DEEP TROUBLE

• Tracy
    23 years ago

what kind of music affects the growth of plants.

• Tracy
    23 years ago

does music even help with the growth of the plant......i need to know....

• charles
    23 years ago

no
    except if it keeps the gardener nearby
    the best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow

• delia
    23 years ago

Henry and I are doing the same projets and if anyone out there has info please send us some because we have one week to do it. We would like to thank you for your help!!!!!

• Zoe Cipolla
    23 years ago

Hey..... I am doin this project.. If u play classical music to a plant it will grow much faster! My plant was 10in then it went up to 11 and a half in 2 days!!!! I played music to it for a day or 4 hours!! Trust me I know!!!!!

• Jess
    22 years ago

Please send us any info or results from the effect of music on plants.........URGENT

• earthmother
    22 years ago

If you really like to impress your teacher, see if you can find a copy of the book, The Secret Life of Plants, by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird. This book explores the world of plants and their relation to mankind as revealed by the discoveries of scientists of many disiplines. It was published in 1973 by Harper and Row, Publishers. The book includes remarkable information about plants as lie detectors and plants as ecological sentinels; it describes their ability to adapt to human wishes, their response to music, their curative powers, and their ability to communicate with man. It analyzes experiments and theories from the past. A fascinating book. Good Luck!

• Brianna
    22 years ago

I am a freshman and I am doing a science fair project for school and I just really need to know about music and its affects on plants and why it does and how it does if it does. Please help me because I need this information really soon... thank you

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    22 years ago

Brianna, it is too late this year to start a science fair project on music and plants but you could write a protocal for next years project starting with the link below. Music should make the plants shorter and stronger. Volume is whats important, not the kind of music. The louder the better, for the plant. Also note that one generations music is the previous generations noise. So just use drums in your protocol. Loud drums. Kettle drums.

Here is a link that might be useful: 'thigmomorphogenesis'

• rockstah_firebender
    17 years ago

Specifically, rock music HINDERS the plant growth while classical music helps the plant grwo better. There are other kind of music i know that can hinder plant growth. Those are metal, country, and old school. And I think liturgical music also help the plant to grow better...i'm not sure.

- From: Tiffany, Second Year High School Student, Republic of the Philippines

• danceluvr530
    17 years ago

how long is a good time to have the music playing each day? also where would u put the plants so like they could hear the other music?

• emothis
    17 years ago

Do you need help with a science fair project that will get you there fast and a=have an A at the same time. I did this experament and my results show that music Does effect the plant growth. Can this help the socal life and help the Earth. Can this help the Global Warming slow down or STop. I hhope to find these things out wvery fast. So agian is you ever need my help just email me and i will take you on your way. koolkidz9406@yahoo.com

• Riley
    17 years ago

I am a sixth grader doing this project and I need help!!!!!!

• gloriaw
    17 years ago

gosh people. do some research and then ask. Use ur database the school has for you. it is so useful.
    i did an experiment and classical music did help the plant grow faster. I am retrying, but so far, classical music helps. i don't know about heavy metal though.
    Gloria~

• phlanders
    17 years ago

I have done research and I can't find anything!!!
    I am doing country music and rap music.
    If you know anything please send a message,
    I check this site almost everyday
    Thanks for the help!!!

• joysexy
    17 years ago

PPL PLZ HELP ME!!!!!!!IF U LUV GOD A LOT,HELP ME!!!!!I HAVE THIS PROJECT AND ITS ABOUT DOES IT AFFECT PLANT GROWTH!!!!PLZPLZPLZ :( :( :(

• axeldude04
    16 years ago

Kids don't listen to little Gloria here coughcoughnerdybitchcoughcough

ask THEN read

it's funner

or if you're a boy just go up to your teacher and say 'you know what b!+ch?! I dont need your f*ck!n project!!' then grab her/his stuff and then throw it around and walk to door and before you leave say 'By the way I pissed in your coffee(or w/e drink she/he has, if any)' SLAM! the door, pull down your pants down, sh!t on the door and go around knocking on teacher's doors(with pants down) ;)

If you're a girl get your girlfriends(friends)and climb on the teachers desk and say 'B!+ch, I don't need your dumb piece sh!t!' slap her and say 'go f*ck a cow, you d!rty wh0r3!' you and your friends grab her and throw her out the window. If there aren't any windows get all your classmates to beat her up until she faints, take her to the boys room, and put her head in the toilet. ;)

P.S. TO BOYS: TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT FOR EVEN MORE FUN

P.S. TO GIRLS: TAKE HER TO A POOPY, PEE PEE, OR POOPY/PEE PEE TOILET, DONT FORGET TO FLUSH!

P.S. TO EVERYONE: CHECK OUT MY MYSPACE AT WWW.MYSPACE.COM/AXELDUDE

STAY SAFE AND DON'T DO DRUGS!!!(really..don't)

;)

• angelgrl
    16 years ago

tat wuz retarded

• sooooooooooops
    15 years ago

It's scientifically proven that music does effect the plant. The wave from music sends message to plant that make plants grow. so the bigger the base louder the sound it effects the plant. harcore is best for plant to grow fast

i would like to holler at letas juice and sara.
    and i love u katie...

• petzold6596
    15 years ago

What scientific evidence are you siting? For 40+ years I have not found ANY reputable scientific studies to back up your claim, and that all it is a 'claim.'

• xofaithkaylaox
    15 years ago

ok.. im in 7th grade and i have to do research on how rock music effects plant growth... can u please give me some good sites for my research needed?

email me at: xofaithkaylaox@aim.com

• petzold6596
    15 years ago

XO, Google the topic as this topic, I believe, is history. Most research, if not all, was done in the 60's and 70's.

Sponsored
More Discussions