Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
palyne

Painting the Garden

palyne
20 years ago

I've decided to plan at least one early Spring 'garden party' for my 7 year old. We have high, raised cinder block beds, and containers. I'm thinking we will use white Killz to paint over the cinder blocks outside on one side, that'll be a good base, and then invite a bunch of kids--paints and brushes and some stamps provided -- to paint a picture on each of the blocks.

We could send out invitations with paper included -- a rectangle like the block that they can practice drawing something on, to plan. Use my digital camera to take pics of each kid for their parents (just print on paper), and as a group around the wall. That sounds like fun to me!

I suppose it wouldn't kill me to arrange a small pot with some of the bed soil and some radish/carrot seeds for each kid too, and they could paint their can or pot. That way everybody gets to garden. :-)

I like this idea. If we do it--I intend to--I will post some pics and a link here. Seems like a nice way to liven up an otherwise ugly grey block garden!!

Does anybody have any other ideas for a kids 'garden party' that could contribute to the garden and be fun as well?

Palyne

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions