Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beneficial Plants?

Posted by ArgyleOctopus none (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 2:17

Hello! I am a relatively new gardener, and I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum, but I could not find a section to post general gardening questions.

I know that there are things such as aromatherapy and the psychology of color, where a certain color, or scent can relieve depression, anxiety, etc.

I was wondering if there were certain plants that provided benefits by simply being around them?

...Does that make any sense?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beneficial Plants?

Plants in general provide many health benefits. Studies show that plants help remove airborne contaminants, improve mental health, prevent allergies, etc. I found this great infographic some time ago that talks about some plants that purify the air, some that you wouldn't want indoors due to their bad odor, and some that aren't pet friendly. Just be sure that you pick a plant that will thrive in your environment. I doubt dead plants provide the same benefits as living ones. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here