Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brianne_gw

MY Avacado Plant

Brianne
23 years ago

HI! I have an avacado plant that I'm not quite sure what to do with. I started growing it last June. I have put it in a special kind of soil and potted it. It now has about 14-16 leaves. I keep it aired out and watered. What next? Thanks!!!

Comments (5)

• jimball
    23 years ago

Brianne,

Are you interested in trading it?

I have an Olive tree, or clumping bamboo or Gingko tree, ferns and other things.

Let's talk. Jim

• patriciamcfarland
    23 years ago

I have an avacado tree that was started from seed several (maybe 4) years ago. It's always been in a pot. Right now it's in a pot approximately 24" and the tree is approximately 7 or 8 feet tall. This year I see what might be the beginnings of blossoms on it. I've never grafted it and I don't know of any avacado trees in the area but wouldn't
    doubt there is. I'm in Hollister, CA .. where quite a bit of the nations produce comes from. My question: Will this tree survive forever in this pot? It seems happy enough right now.

• pvdshd_cs_com
    23 years ago

You guys that have grown the avacodo plant tell me how much sun I started one last year in a pot its doing well I put it outdoors but where should i plce it it might get sun burned... I'm in Virginia!!

Thanks flipster

• Pepsigirl
    20 years ago

Hi, I am having a problem with my Avacado tree. it is 21 inches high, had 8 beautiful leaves, but the leaves turned brown and fell off, and now, it is down to 3 and they are brown too. I started this plant from a seed, and dont want to see it die! Can you please help me?? I have a pic of it, just have to figure out how to add it on here. Please help!

• mr.orange
    15 years ago

i have the same issue with leaf loss regarding my avacado tree, i germinated the seeds last year started in early april, and had stocks by late may. i or the 2 have done great althe way threw while one, the seemingly healthiest one suddenly started loosing leaves, first i suspected my cat of foul play due to the spots that developed in the leves .ends up avacados dont do well in direct sunlight and im told this could have lead to the leaf loss. my 1 yr old tree now has one leaf and has help dearly onto it for the last 3 months and now all sorts of new leafs are starting to pop out, im sure with in amonth i will have a small avacado bush, you should have no worries just keep it warm and out of direct sun for the time

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions