Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are your plans this year?

Posted by moonsanity Zone 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 2, 08 at 11:50

What are your plans for gardening with your kids or grandkids this year? My daughter is 8, and a little garden geek. She LOVES planting, sowing, harvesting and smelling the herbs. We will plant calendula and nasturtiums again plus morning glories. She's made me promise we will get bleeding hearts again. We had to leave our behind when we moved a couple of years ago. We have ten acres now and tons of room to grow things. We are expanding our herb garden this year, which she helped design. She also wants to plant an apple tree.

Anyone else?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are your plans this year?

bleeding hearts? you want mine? haha. i'm a teenager who is currently trying to convince my parents (well, more my dad, my mother thinks it's a good idea) that i can take care of my own little spot in the yard. until then, i've been doing some not-so-fun yardwork and planting some flora where i can. just yesterday i ripped up a carpet of some out of control lily of the valley to make room for some different more well behaved plants.

the most i've gotten so far in terms of 'my own space' is an out of the way shaded spot that is blocked by the pool. but beggars can't be choosers, right? i removed a dead juniper-esque bush (it's been there forever.) and lots of bleeding hearts (they really do spread readily in the shade here. they're very pretty and i have some growing between some rocks in a different part of the plot.) and various weeds.

those are my plans.

o
RE: What are your plans this year?

How is it going? With all that work you are doing you should be able to convince your mom to give you your own little area!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here