Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
suggest white fleshed watermelon for kids garden

Posted by tumblingtomatoes fl ,space coast (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 29, 09 at 16:31

Hi everyone! Can someone tell us anything about any of the varieties of white fleshed watermelons? Would any do well here in Florida for a kid's garden? They're fascinated with the idea that there are watermelons other than red inside! We've found several choices out there:

Cream of Saskatchewan
Japanses white fleshed Suka
White Sugar Lump
White Wonder
C.S. White Flesh

But we need some advice from other more experienced gardeners! Also some melon suggestions for kids garden (small melons). Thanks everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: suggest white fleshed watermelon for kids garden

white fleshed watermelons are a rare variety of watermelon that as far as I know are some what challenging to grow but if you want white fleshed watermelon seeds this site has some of the best prices that I have found as well as no buying limit as well as watermelons that have many differnt colored flesh (the inside) including deep red, pink, white, yellow, and orange this site has most of the types you listed and then some and because of the low prices you can try out differnt types I personaly sugest the Colorado Preserving/Red Seeded Citron this watermelon is easy to grow, are resistent to almost every thing yeilds fruit that are about 10 pounds and have white flesh and red seed although the fruit are not good to eat fresh they are usable in many holiday recipes and will keep for months but they are rock hard but I do beleive that the site is temporarily out of stock of these seeds

Here is a link that might be useful: rare seeds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here