Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buy clearence Easter Baskets

Posted by shadeE z5 il (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 6, 04 at 22:22

Children love to carry Easter baskets to help bring in the harvest. They can use them now to carry seed packets or other items as they follow you around the garden.
You might even find a nice big heavy duty basket that you can use. Line it with a paper plate to keep it clean.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buy clearence Easter Baskets

Very good idea... and timely too! Thanks!

o
RE: Buy clearence Easter Baskets

I love to use easter baskets to make "Easter Grass". I line them with a small garbage bag, fill it with seed starting mix and then let the kids put on the grass seed. They get to water them and watch it grow right before their eyes. They are great for putting easter eggs in or flower picks to make a nice center piece. Plus when the season is over you have a great piece of grass for patching. My hubby calls them my "grass toupes"! My kids have a lot of fun with these and they are really easy, this year my 5 year old even decided to try flower seeds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here