Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Humor book about kids in garden

Posted by snap3peas (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 25, 09 at 13:12

I recently read a book with some hilarious stories about kids in the garden, and it also refers to the vetables sometimes as "veggie kids." It is "Tales As Tall As A Sunflower," a collection of funny gardening stories by Stephen Butterman. Some of the funniest ones about kids: "Bikinis, Bares, the Garden," "Wicked Web Nets No Kids," and "NOT the Garden of Eden." I found it at the publishers website, but its probably on amazon too. I definitely will take a more lighthearted approach to involving my young ones in the garden! Has anybody else read this?

Here is a link that might be useful: Bellissima Publsihing's garden stories page

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Humor book about kids in garden

Hi snap3peas. GREAT recommendation! I agree that the stories with the kids (including the "veggie kids") are the funniest, but the ones with his girlfriend Maria are also great! Yes--it is on amazon; that's where I got mine. I'm telling everyone I know about it, even non-gardeners and non-mothers!

Here is a link that might be useful: TALES link to amazon

o

You 2 are quite a team promoting the book now, aren't you?

11 threads promoting the book

o

Chemocurl--how about I follow YOu around for awhile? Do you enjoy this, or what?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here