Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Fairy garden pictures

lavender_lass
13 years ago

Here are a few pictures of my fairy garden. This is not a miniature garden, but more of a cottage garden for my nieces and nephews to enjoy. I've added fairy accents and it gives them a place to use their imagination and enjoy the flowers and bees, butterflies, etc.

One of my friend's little boy is almost 3 and kept coming back to the fairy castle, trying to see how the fairies went in and out. He'd very carefully move the alyssum flowers, to see if there were any fairies hiding in them :)

Here's the castle

{{gwi:302885}}

Here's a little fairy, hiding behind the peony and columbine

{{gwi:302889}}

This is a before of the fairy garden, when we were putting in the new roses

{{gwi:302878}}

And here is the same view, a few months later (couple of days ago)

{{gwi:44219}}

Here's a slightly different angle, so you can see the little "fairy" seating area and the other arch

{{gwi:329994}}

Thanks for taking a tour through the fairy garden. I'll try to get more close-ups of the flowers, next time :)

Comments (5)

• ala8south
    13 years ago

Very pretty. Bet the kids really enjoying exploring.
    dell

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dell- Thank you. The kids love it and it's a nice shady spot to sit and play in the afternoon :)

• domehomedee
    13 years ago

I'm so glad I found pictures of your finished fairy garden, I just read your February posting asking for ideas.
    I have been making miniature fairy structures and cement mushrooms. Fairy Gardens are so fun! I have a little grand-daughter, maybe this would be a good time to start work on a "garden" for her.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket images

• nickiadkins
    12 years ago

i made a fairy garden for my girls. We used a piece of pvc and glued sticks around it. Then we made a cone top with aluminum flashing. We put little rocks around the walkway and a few succulunts as plants. We got ceramic mushrooms to place around it. One day i rolled up a tiny note i printed on the computer and placed it in the house. It said the fairy's name and how much she liked the house. My little girl went crazy and wrote back and continued to check it every day for messages from the fairy. so cute! i showed her the little fairy prints in the dirt. It is so much fun to play into their imaginations.

• 427Elise
    12 years ago

I just started our fairy garden today with our girls. We were able to make use of a few logs from an Ash we had to trim in the fall. We were so excited to see that a perfect gnome door was on one naturally!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1275708}}

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions