Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fairy tale garden ideas

Posted by lavender_lass WA zone 3/4 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 18, 09 at 15:57

I was looking for ideas for fairy gardens and found this idea.

Jack and the Beanstalk was represented by planting climbing beans on four foot tall, thin bamboo poles (making a narrow teepee, so when they grew together, the beans would look like one stalk) with a little house at the bottom, a small figure "Jack" climbing the pole beans and a larger "Giant" figure at the top.

I don't remember which site this was on, but I thought it was a great idea to bring some "boy ideas" into the garden. I've been planning a fairy garden for my nieces, but I think some clever ideas like this might entice my nephews to get more involved.

Does anyone else have some good ideas for fairy tale gardens? I'm interested in anything for boys, girls, or both, but I don't want anything too elaborate. I'm still a beginner gardener :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fairy tale garden ideas

I wanted to start planting my garden and was checking back on some of the responses I had received....but they're all missing!

I know one was about leprechauns. If anyone has any great ideas, or can remember the other ones, please let me know. I'm still looking for great "boy ideas" and girls too, for the garden :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here