Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for ideas for garden club programs.

Posted by trowelgal Kansas Zone 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 9, 09 at 17:19

Hi,
I have recently been appointed as the garden club president for my city's garden club. At this time I have a number of ideas for programs but would also like to hear from you. What have you attended or taught that really was well received by the audience? What were the "duds"? Our presenters only get about 20-25 minutes to deliver the program. I am also interested in field trips, make and takes for the garden. Thanks for any ideas you have to offer.
Tina in Kansas, Zone5

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for ideas for garden club programs.

Over the years and several garden related organiztions the most remembered programs have been: Bring and share your favorite gardening tool, Local soil and geology, Growing Antique... trees, vegetables, flowers, How to Propagate, Making a Worm Bin and Keeping them Happy in Your Home, Hypertufa and other garden art. One that I loved, but few others did was Cooking with Native plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here