Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardener's daughter

Posted by radovan (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 07 at 20:01

From the age of 7 months up to now the age of 19 years young she was constantly with me. I mean constantly. I am a backyard addict, in my miniature garden and my backyard I sit constantly. Yes my daughter is always with me in the backyard, in our garden. She has her own little chair, her own little shovel, her bag full of papers, crayons, a little radio, stickers, her little blanket hand made in Serbia, JUMBO eraser, lots of soil, plastic containers, seeds, and lots questions. She and I never stopped talking, anything and everything under the blue sky.

I can say that our backyard and our little garden made a very good daughter and a very, very proud father.
From the age of 13 years young I was driving her to the University of Toronto classes for smart "kids" where she would study mathematics and electrical engineering.
To shorten my story; my daughter is a 3rd year Electrical Engineering student and doing very well.

Gardening does help. She did not loiter in/ and around shopping malls, instead she was playing in the backyard and gardening what made her that hard work can produce a good results.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardener's daughter

Nice story... there is hope for us folks with little ones that don't show that much interest (yet).

o
RE: Gardener's daughter

That is VERY cool-- and you must be so proud of her. I think gardening helps kids learn to nurture, to examine the things around them and it's a neat hobby too.

If they aren't interested yet, just hang in there and let them be around you when you garden. Plant something in a pot they've decorated and let them watch it grow...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening with Kids Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here