Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybug_guam

Look wut I got! :)

ladybug_guam
19 years ago

I think they are so cool! Just showed up in the morning, by noon they were open so I took a picture, and by next morning they were gone :(

In my old terrarium, I used to get them, but they were yellow, these ones are pure white.

Ana :)

Here is a link that might be useful: mushrooms

Comments (11)

• imaginators
    19 years ago

Oh Ana, your terrarium is so colorful and beautiful. I am so impressed with your choice of plants and arrangement. Thank you for sharing. Theresa

• ladybug_guam
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Well, thank you, Theresa!
    Here's a better view of the whole terrarium. Is hard to take a pic of it because is standing behind the sink, on a window alcove, so when I take a pic, the reflection of the faucets, or me, etc. shows, so I have to find an angle and cover the sink with a dark cloth... LOL!
    The gray rock in the back, far right, is a waterfall, is small (12"tall x 10" across x 10"deep) but makes a nice water noise and it looks good. The terrarium is 16"tall x 36" across x 14" deep.

Here is a link that might be useful: terrarium update

• razz
    19 years ago

wow that is just so beautiful.
    razz

• ladybug_guam
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks, razz!

• sahoyaref
    19 years ago

Ana, I'm soooooooooo jealous! All of my colourful plants died, so I'm left with just green (and a bit of red). Your tank has grown and settled in so beautifully! And after seeing that ficus quercifolia again, I'm turning green myself. . . =) I have also been dying to get some mushrooms in my tank. Don't you just love them? They really make it look so natural. I find it happens more with soil substrates than with bark chips. Wonder why? Plenty of mushrooms grow on trees in the wild. Oh well, great job on the tank! You should post a pic on the discussions side for those who rarely check the gallery (like me). =)

• ladybug_guam
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thank you, sahoyaref!
    In my old terrarium, I had same type but a very bright yellow! Just beautiful! I have to find a pic of them, you are right they don't come up on bark that often.
    I will post it on the discussions side.

• mdahms1979
    19 years ago

I have yellow mushrooms in my terrarium as well. They love to grow out of the tree fern areas but emerge from the soil (finely ground coconut husk). I really enjoy having them in the tank. They really are beautiful mushrooms.

• sahoyaref
    19 years ago

I get the yellow mushrooms in my houseplants, but not in my terrarium, even when I had a soil substrate. How strange. . .

• margie9153
    18 years ago

thank you for sharing your pic you have inspired me for my winter project. i hope mine looks and good as yours .
    do you give it natural light, n s w or e and are there plants that are better to use?

• noobtoterraiums
    18 years ago

wow that terrarium is awesome hey I love the mushrooms I want some for my tank do you know where I can buy them somewhere on the interenet?

• iliketerrariums
    18 years ago

ladybug_guam, I think your set up is totally disgusting! (Thats my way of saying that its one of the most beautiful set ups Ive seen and I will try to make one that looks similiar to it as Im jealous that its not mine!) So...yeah! That'll teach you! =)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm