Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
back2eight

some pics of my frogs

back2eight
18 years ago

those are my tomato frogs

those are my dendrobates leucomelas. I was playing around with the camera yesterday when I should have been working.

Comments (9)

• iliketerrariums
    18 years ago

Really nice pics! I will someday have a PDF set up!LOL!

• deadhamster
    18 years ago

They look outstanding back2eight! I tried to look at your viv pics a few threads down and you have a few dead links.

-DH

• back2eight
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I noticed that too, deadhamster. I've been rearranging my photo album. I guess thats what happened. I'll show some more when I have something new to show, I'm setting up a new one so will have picks of that soon. Thanks you guys, I'm really enjoying these frogs.

• mucky_waters
    18 years ago

Nice looking frogs back2eight, hope to see more.

I was looking around at your picture gallery and saw with what I guess is your son. Could you tell me what that is, it looks like some sort of overgrown nightmarish rat.

Mucky

• turtlefreak
    18 years ago

It's a Possum. Or an Opposum. I forget how to spell it. Is it a PET? Crazy! Beautiful frogs. Back3eight - how many leucos do you have?

• iliketerrariums
    18 years ago

I think ALL the little critters (including the little boy!) are pretty awsome! =)

• back2eight
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LOL, it is a possum. Or o'possum, depending on how you like to say it. It is not a pet, it came up in the yard one day. It hung around for a while, every night I would feed it table scraps. Then it started hanging around in the day, too, and acting sick so my husband shot it in case it was carrying a disease. It probably wasn't sick, but he didn't ask me before he shot it or I wouldn't have let him. It really does look like an overgrown nightmarish rat. Thats funny.

I have 4 luecs. They are still babies. I'm still trying to decide what kind to get for my big tank I'm working on. Probably some green and black auratus since they are the chespest, and they seem to like water features and I will have a waterfall and stream in the new tank.

I also have three dogs, one cat, a beta fish, several horses, and one newly aqcuired hamster. We had three hamsters and yesterday one of the kids left the cage door open and the cat got a snack. So I had to go get a new one today, since hamsters are my son's favorite. Thanks all for the resonses! I don't know how I'll ever go on vacation with so many mouths to feed...

• Cdfortin
    18 years ago

Very beautiful leucs. They love to climb, don't they?

"We had three hamsters and yesterday one of the kids left the cage door open and the cat got a snack. So I had to go get a new one today, since hamsters are my son's favorite."

Is this one of those situations where you go to the petstore, try to find a hamster that looks exactly like the old one, and then put it in the cage to avoid child distress? LOL I have had that happen many a times.

• back2eight
    Original Author
    18 years ago

the luecs do climb, they utilize every tall plant and limb in the tank, and even climb on the glass.

Unfortunately about the hamster thing, no. The children came in and found the two dead ones laying on the floor. My daughter was in a hysterical fit and it took a while to calm her down. We had just got back from the store and my son had picked them out a new treat and toy that he was excited about putting in the cage with them. So they were pretty upset. We did find the third one alive, she was in the drawer with my daughter's nightclothes. I brought home one new hamster so now they have two of them any everything is okay again. thats a risk you take when you have a cat and a dog in the house. we have had escapees before but we noticed it in time to shut the bedroom door and hunt them down, but this time the door had been left open with the dog and cat in the house.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting