Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (6)

• alexis
    18 years ago

The tank looks great. I like the way the tree limb goes across the tank and that it has little cave-like areas for an animal to hide in. Also, the plant with the purple flowers looks real pretty. That's nice that you still get to see the the terrarim from time to time. I see that the tank has a false bottom to it. I saved the picture links in one of my favorites folders because I think it's a good example to how to set up a terrarium. Was that a pothos in the tank with the variegated green and white leaves? I have a piece of tree limb that I might put in my dart frog's tank. I just have to smooth out a few rough edges that are still on it.

• iliketerrariums
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks =) The tree limb is actually that bendable vine that the pet shops sell, I dont advice anyone to use it as it has a metal wire core that does rust up in a tropical or high humidity set up, I forget what the flowering plant was, maybe african violet? but it did bloom a couple more times after that, and yes, that was pothos that you saw, its a nice terrarium plant that makes a tremedous ground cover, just train it to grow across the bottom back and forth, in a serpentine shape and soon you will have a mini "canopy" that makes a perfect hiding area for frogs, but ,if left unattended (you must trim it regularly) it will quickly take over your tank! you are in florida right? If this is correct you can harvest some vines yourself, just be sure to cure them before placing them in your tank =)

• Cdfortin
    18 years ago

You do keep yourself busy, don't you?! Great job!

• garyfla_gw
    18 years ago

Hi
    have to admire all you people taking pix lol I was going to take pix of my new setup step by step and I've yet to take a single one lol I try to avoid messing with the computer as much as possible get too frustrated lol
    Do you have a system for keeping pix organized?? i always forget to mark them and often there are months between shots on the same disk lol.
    gary

• deadhamster
    18 years ago

I take them every 3 months or so, and upload them to image shack. On my computer I have a folder named according to the date the pictures were taken, and I keep the pics in those folders. I took step by step pics too. I've started doing that with a lot of my projects. I'm building a bar right now and have done the same thing.

-DH

• iliketerrariums
    Original Author
    18 years ago

No system here, just a bunch of pics my kid loads onto the comp when I ask her to, no special order, just go and find what I need and have her post them for me as I am a computer tart! LOL! =)