Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cambyses

A few pics of the renovated Paludarium

CAMBYSES
19 years ago

Here ya go folks, a few pics of the newly renovated Paludarium. Hope you enjoy!

{{gwi:1267871}}
{{gwi:1267874}}
{{gwi:1267876}}
{{gwi:1267879}}
{{gwi:1267882}}
{{gwi:1267884}}
{{gwi:1267886}}
{{gwi:1267888}}

Comments (3)

• sahoyaref
    19 years ago

Nice! The variegated crypt was a very good choice, as that white striping really brightens things up. And what cute AVs! They will eventually need to be separated though, if you are interested in maintaining any leaf symmetry. The one with purple flowers looks like a mini (which I love), so it will stay smaller (6-8" plant diameter). Standard AVs can grow to be a foot in diameter though, so you might want to start new plants from leaf cuttings before then. =) And I think I have the same polka-dot plant as you! Mine also has smaller leaves and pink and white variegation. Is the palm new? I love them, and they stay small for quite a while. I also have one in my terr. Your coco-panels look quite dry though, you might want to try keeping them more moist (this will happen slowly all by itself though, the longer they are in your tank, and the more moisture they absorb out of the air). The tillies you chose won't mind being drier, but if you want an ivy to grow up the wall, it will want to be constantly moist.

• CAMBYSES
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Sahoyaref
    Thank you for the info....I have been misting the panels every day for about a week now...Im trying to get the panels a bit more moist. The Palm has been in the tank for about a week and the AVs are both supossed to be Minis. When you say leaf cuttings to propgate the AVs where exactly do I make the cuttings? I am new to those and I am not quite sure where to cut the leaves to make new plants?
    Thanks for the info
    Bob

• sahoyaref
    19 years ago

You simply grasp a leaf stem between your thumb and forefinger, and give it a quick tug sideways. It should snap off neatly at the base, where it connects to the plant. Then you just stick that leaf into the substrate, or in a little pot with potting soil, and keep the soil moist (should require watering very often at all, since there are no roots at first), and keep it in a humid place, and be patient, and you will see little tiny leaves growing at the base of the original leaf. When these have grown larger, you will see that they are little plants. You might have just one, or three, or more. Separate the plants if you have more than one, discard the original leaf, and put the tiny new AVs into your terrarium, if they haven't been growing there all along. Voila! New AVs.