Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
orchid flower in terrarium

Posted by dfourer z5 Chicago (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 07 at 17:06

Orchid that blooms once per year in my terrarium. Bought it on sale and don't know what it's called. Usually don't have a lot of luck with orchids in terrariums but some do flower. No fans or special stuff here. The plant sits on the ground but not in it. Roots grow horizontally and close to the ground without going into any soil. The plant stands about 40 cm tall and the flowers are about 22 cm x 5 cm, 15 flowers this year.

Image link: orchid flower in terrarium (59 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: orchid flower in terrarium

Great shot, the orchid in question is typically refered to Brassia, the spider orchid.

Good luck

o
RE: orchid flower in terrarium

• Posted by paul_ z4/5 MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 13, 07 at 15:46

Nice! Haven't been able to bloom a brassia myself no matter what I try! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here