Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
walterk_gw

46 Bowfront Terrarium

walterk
18 years ago

I just set up my 46 Bowfront Terrarium. Ladybug_guam made me promise to post a pic here when I finished. I'm honoring that promise. The terrarium is about 75% complete (I will be adding a fogger, spray paint the sides black--except for the false bottom area--and spray paint the front glass false bottom area). There are also some minor items I need to correct or add now that I've observed it running for a while.

It has a false bottom with egg crate. Water is pumped from the bottom to a spray bar on the top of the back glass, providing a sheet of water that entirely covers the back. I used 1/2" CPCV pipe that I slipped black flexible 5/8" tubing over it. On the egg crate, I placed lava rock and larger pieces of lace rock. On the three pieces of lace rock I placed rock cap moss. On the lava rock is a combination of rock cap moss and fern moss. These are not tropical species, so I'm interested to see if they will thrive long-term or not. There is no heater in the terrarium.

I wanted to create a simple-looking work that would be relaxing to look at. At this point in time, I'm not interesting in creating a complex jungle...just a simple, moss-filled landscape with a back wall water feature.

On top is a 96 watt PC light that will be left on ~12 hours a day.

Comments? Thoughts?

Here is a link that might be useful: 46 Bowfront Terrarium

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington