• tiGG
    Original Author
    19 years ago

closer.

{{gwi:1268164}}

{{gwi:1268167}}

• mdahms1979
    19 years ago

That looks great, give it a few months and it will look even better. I really like the small red Brom. you have mounted on the upper right side.

• sahoyaref
    19 years ago

I didn't notice this one before! I love it! Great waterfall, and really nice cryptanthus and neo's. It is a hex, or a delta tank? How tall?

• tiGG
    Original Author
    19 years ago

thanks!!
    it's a 60 gallon hex. it's changed a bunch since these pictures, a few more pieces of wood and several new plants. I can't wait until it looks filled in. it's 30" tall, but the bottom 5" are covered with black silicone to hide the false bottom.

• sahoyaref
    19 years ago

If you don't have a fan in there, you will have problems with that little palm tree (which I believe is a Chameadora elegans, or parlour palm, or neanthe bella). Mine got spider mites insanely badly due to lack of air circulation, and it's still recovering, even though I took it out a month ago.

I want a 60 gal hex tank! I saw one that was 'landscaped' with fake plants in a fish store, and it was made to look like a piece of the Himalayan mountains or something, with stacked pagoda stone and fake bonsai trees. Really cool, and made me want one so bad! Of course I would use real plants, but I do want to do an oriental terrarium in the future. The hex lends itself well to that kind of landscape, I think.

• tiGG
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I don't, but DH is going to fix me one up this weekend. is there one place where the best info on using a computer fan is listed?

• sahoyaref
    19 years ago

Post that question on the discussion side! Or do a search of this forum for 'computer fans'. Somewhere there are instructions. I know you need an AC/DC adaptor, which you can get fairly inexpensively at Radio Shack, but that's all I know! If your DH is handy, he can probably figure it out. =)

• tiGG
    Original Author
    19 years ago

he fixed me up, so I'm good to go, I hope:) we did find that it uses water faster than we thought, so we put 'check water level' on our email calendars!