Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybug_guam

Finally! finished my terr. (Pic. front view)

ladybug_guam
19 years ago

Well, finished... maybe! LOL! You know how it goes, there is always changes, moving plants around, etc, but for a while, till I see how large the plants get, is done!

I had to downsize the pic due to Epson restrictions in size, but you can see it larger by clicking on the square at right corner of pic. or click on "View this photo at full size"

I have orchids: Haraella retrocalla, Phalaenopsis violacea Borneo, Laelia alaorii, 2 Paphs,and some kaikis from Komi and some mine.

Episcias, ferns, 3 African Violets, Ficus quercifolia, Malpighis cocagera, Acorus minima, Peperomia minima, 3 Begonias and many others.

I'm also posting a view from the top so you can see the landscape better.

All I need is go and buy a couple of computer funs, still waiting for the lights, I'm using some mismatched ones now, but it does the job for now.

It looks somewhat not to scale since the plants are so small, but is temporary, we'll see how well they do.

I will welcome any suggestions on the set up, all the plants are in small pots till they get a permanent home, so if you think some should be changed, please tell me.

Thank you!

Ana :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Front view

Comments (9)

• sahoyaref
    19 years ago

Let me just say that I am sooooooo jealous of the ficus quercifolia! I want this plant so bad! I know Rob's has it, so I'll be ordering it next summer, but I want it now! You know how it goes. . . anyways, looks great! You may find that you want to vary the slopes in the 'land' more, for greater interest. This will also help convey a feeling of depth. I used to have mine set up very similar to yours, with a flattish plane, and then plants up the back and sides. Now I want more interest in the ground level, so I am making it into levels, using terracing. I think I will also be able to fit more plants in this way. =) At first I was quite happy to have mine just as yours is though, so if you're happy with it, by no means feel compelled to change it! It still looks great, and will be even better when everything fills out.

• tubby2
    19 years ago

Wow! I think it looks great! I want to build my first one soon. I think you did a great job!
    -Burt

• jamer
    19 years ago

awesome tank... soo many plants, my goodness. everyone in this terrarium forum should get into dart frogs. tanks like that would just look even cooler with a couple brightly colored tropical frogs hoppin around.

• ladybug_guam
    Original Author
    19 years ago

sahoyaref:
    That was my idea, to make more slopes, but it didn't come out that way, it did look like enough when I started, but once I started planting, it kind of went away.
    I had a very long one in California, years ago and it was plain.
    jamer:
    Then you have a whole different scenario, taking care of the frogs, feeding them, making sure they are healthy, need a heater, fan, etc, etc, and with all the animals, orchids and outside garden, I have my hands full as it is... LOL!

• komi
    19 years ago

Ana - looks great! Any way you can email me a bigger pic of the top view?

• ladybug_guam
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ki:
    You got mail....

• sahoyaref
    19 years ago

Ana: I know what you mean! I originally thought my tank had plenty of slope when I first put the dirt in as well, but then you realize it needs to be REALLY dramatic in order to really maximize the interest. Of course you only notice this once it's all planted! LOL =) And I totally agree about the frogs! I would love to have some, but I think it's too much work for me right now. Once my boy is older I will probably get a couple more pets. Of course I hope to have more children too. . . so it'll be a few years, to say the least!

• Persistence
    19 years ago

That Rocks! You did an awesome job. I can't wait for photos in the future!

• ladybug_guam
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks, Mike!
    I'm looking at it every day, saying...grow, grow, grow, then, I'll start saying, stop growing! LOL!

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County