Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dart frog tank

Posted by jamer (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 25, 04 at 18:13

this is a tank i just built to house 3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'dwarf french guiana', i figured i would share it with you guys.
the plants include tropical sheet moss from black jungle, java moss, selaginella kraussiana 'aurea', another upright growing selaginella that i dont know the name of, maidenhair fern, dwarf african violet, creeping fig, 2 dwarf vriesia species, and one neoregelia, and a marginal grass-like plant that i forget the name of. the large peice of driftwood in the middle is ghost wood and acts as a waterfall, with java moss growing on it.

Image link: dart frog tank (58 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dart frog tank

WOW!, Jamer, that is gorgeous!
Congratulations! Job well done!
Ana :)

o

VERY nice! I like the strong slope you gave it, gives it more presence and interest. Your marginal grass is probably sagittarius sp. or acorus sp. grass. And I like how it already has that established look, with the moss everywhere. Those purple AVs are real gems, too! I bet your frogs will LOVE it! Post pics of them when you can! BTW, what size is that? Looks like a 20 gal. to me.

o

thanks alot guys, yeah it is 20 gal. i have some pictures of the frogs but i dont think i can post them on a reply so i have to start a new topic i guess?

o

oh yeah and i looked up the grass it is called Lilaeopsis brasiliensis.

o

Very nice, I think the only thing I would do would be add some more epiphytic plants to the cork bark wall.

o

Yeah, more epiphytes, and you don't need to start a new thread to post more pics. You'll notice when you type a response that there are two lines below the main message box. You just put the URL to the location of your photos in the first line, and then give it a name in the second line, just like you did when you first posted you pic above. It ends up looking like this:

Here is a link that might be useful: My pics

o

Man thats great !!!
I love the slope and I also have frogs and lizards in my terr.

o

Wow! looks good. I can't believe that Blackjungle sent you live moss. Mine was brown, very very brown. What is your lighting system? It looks like LEDS to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here