Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sberger86

Any Advice Would Help....

sberger86
14 years ago

I'm going to start a terrarium soon and I just wanted all the info i can get! Should it be inside or outside? What type of plants go together?? What about frogs?? Any info you could give me would be great! I am going to make it out of a fish tank. What type of bulbs should I use? Soil? Water feature?? I don't want it to mold. Do you know of any good books that would help me out?? Thanks for your time!

Comments (2)

• taz6122
    14 years ago

It will work inside or out but outside in full sun is a recipe for veggie stew. You will have to select the plants you like according to their humidity requirements but mosses and ferns work well. T5 fluorescent tubes work well. The 21" are perfect for a 10 gallon tank. MG potting mixture and perlite 50/50. A water feature is too much work unless it is a self contained fountain. Keep the top open or open it for a couple hours a day or install a PC fan for air circulation to prevent mold. Good luck!

• paul_
    14 years ago

Sounds like need to do some research first. LOL
    Fortunately you have come to a great place to start. First I'd recommend reading through the FAQ. Then start reading through the posts on this forum starting with any that have titles that seem to catch your attention AND/OR use the search engine to type in a particular topic (type of plant media, lighting, etc) that you first wish to learn more about. As you read, you might get a better idea of what type of terr will appeal to you and still fit within your growing conditions, amount of work you wish to put into it, and $ you wish to spend.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022