Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Background finally finished

Posted by noobtoterraiums (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 06 at 19:06

Let me know what you guys think I used the great stuff foam and pressed the oak bark to it and filled in the gaps with black silicon and then stuck the cocco bedding to the silicone
Finally the background is on there strong its not coming off lol Heres the picture... any suggestions now on what to do?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/motoxtriplex/Picture1.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Background finally finished

not too shabby.. Good idea filling in the cracks with coco fiber, never wouldve thought of that and using the oak bark panels!

o

Cool, it looks kinda like an old stone wall, you could try to get moss to grow on the coco fiber, it would really look like a stone wall then, By the way, how did you manage to get the coco fiber to stick to the spaces in between the bark panels? Just coco right on foam? If so, you shouldnt have a problem with the foam cracking as its such a small space, but if the coco should fall off with time....hopefully the moss will also grow on foam!? never know, keep us up to date on your progress, it looks pretty sharp =)

o

Thanks for all the help actually Iliketerrariums you were right and I and the others were wrong I tried putting the cocco fiber directly onto the foam and skipping the black silicon step IT DID not work at all heres why. At first it sticks then the foam keeps expanding and expanding while it is drying and it eventually drys and expands and just pushes the cocco right off ... the oak stuck perfect to it and the glass its on there solid after I used black silicon and then put the cocco dirt on the black silicon when the cocco was dry this time =)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here