Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White web looking stuff covering everything

Posted by maggierose83 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 18, 07 at 3:43

I planted my 2 vfts and my pitcher plant in a 10 gallon fish tank with glass over the top (left a gap for air) and placed it in my window. when I planted them I put them in with their original soil and added some peat moss aroung it and then put a bunch of rocks in there, now there is white web looking stuff starting to grow all in it, does anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White web looking stuff covering everything

Go down to,"something strange happening to my new terrarium" same problem with a couple of easy fixes, please read the posting carefully, the answer was literally under your nose! =)

o

theres no bugs and the webbing is on the soil and rocks, and more thin than those pics, but maybe it is a fungus or mold or something, I'll try a lil more air flow

o

Yeah, its prob that stringy "other worldly" looking mold/fungus, I had it in one of my set ups and a little stronger circulation took care of it, just watch your humidity =)

o

When you put it in the window, the sun created too much condensation, so either leave the top off altogether or get it out of the window.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here