Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
back2eight

I got a great deal on tillandsias

back2eight
18 years ago

Alexis told me about getting tillandsias on ebay. I lokked, and some are high priced, but I just got 27 tillandsias and three pieces of grapewood several inches long each, and I paid less than 40.00, and that was with nine dollars shipping added. I have no idea if they are rooted cuttings or established plants, but I didn't care for that price. I'll let you know when I receive them if they are in good shape or not. I finished my background, by the way, except for the waterfall. As soon as I get the waterfall installed I will take a picture and post it. Now I need to run get the light to go on top of the tank since plants are on the way. Once I get the light, there is nothing stopping me from getting it planted. I can't add any frogs yet because I still have to get some glass cut for the top, but I can go ahead and have my plants in there getting established.

Comments (8)

• iliketerrariums
    18 years ago

Good for you back2eight! =) I cant wait to see pics! =) I love to look at as many terrariums as I can, they give me ideas for future set ups, and it kinda helps keep me going, along with my other hobbies! =) dont forget to post them pics! =) I will be posting pics of the resserection fern soon =)

• alexis
    18 years ago

I got 2 air plants (Tillandsia funckiana) and currently am looking at getting 6 or 7 more from eBay. I've been looking at terrarium pictures on different websites, too. My tank is starting to look similar to them. I will be posting some pictures of my frog's tank in a few days as soon as the creeping ficus and two hoya plants that are arriving soon in the mail get planted in the tank.

• back2eight
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I got my plants in the mail today. They are awesome! I got them for approximately 50 cents a piece. They were not cuttings, they were full grown plants, some in bloom, and some with pups growing! I am so happy. I have been working on my tank all day. Pictures soon.

• dougtx
    18 years ago

I just want to comment on this.I got mine off ebay from airplants seashells paradise. I got the mini tillandsia assortment and they are great plants. i even got a bonus aeranthos mini purple for free! these are very high quality plants and three out of eleven plants are in bud. the shipping was also lightspeed-2 days. anyone looking for tillandsias check out this ebay seller. eleven minis for $16 cant beat that with a bat lol.

• back2eight
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That is the same person I got mine from! I couldn't remeber the name. I also got some bonus plants, about three of them. Mine was a very large order. Each plant was labelled, and they were in excellent condition. I am very happy with them.

• alexis
    18 years ago

I'm currently waiting for 13 more to arrive any day this week. I got the 13 assorted tillandsia collection. I just hope they didn't end up at the other side of the subdivision I live in (different streets, same house number). I'm going to mount them on some dogwood branches that are getting trimmed off the tree this weekend.

• heika
    18 years ago

I bought the 12 assorted tillandsia collection from that seller, and received 15. I was very pleased! They are all in excellent condition and many are in bloom and with pups.

Heika

• alexis
    18 years ago

My 13 airplants arrived from eBay. They were still in great shape for being almost 2 weeks late. Of course, I bought 7 airplants at the festival since I assumed they were never going to arrive. Well, looks like all three of my frog tanks will have tillandsias in them. Luckily, my grandparents had to cut some limbs off their dogwood tree this past week (the squirrels killed and damaged some of the limbs) and I ended up with three to four good sized pieces of wood for tillandsia mounting. Let's see if I can find room for all 21 airplants on those branches.