Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organicanna07

150 gallons of trouble

organicanna07
17 years ago

My boyfriend recently set up our 150 gallon for use as a terrarium. The original plan was to have half of it as a land feature with a small stream coming down through it that ran into a pool on the other half. We got a 9 inch tall divider for the center of the tank so as not to have dirt getting washed into the water.

Set up was difficult to say the least, containing the stream running through land was quickly replaced with filling both sides with water, one slightly lower to create a waterfall over the center. We built up a wall of gravel by covering flower pots but it's still hard to create land on the other side. Next idea was to have driftwood propped up so it's just above the water line but every piece we seem to put in there has grown moldy in less then a week. We probably have less then a square foot actually above water. I'd like to leave water in both sides, hopefully create a cave-like area on the side with land. Any ideas on a way to create more land to prop plants on and have living space for frogs? Also, any good space-taker-upers to prevent filling the whole thing with gravel. I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Comments (6)