Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some questions about Liquid nail glue and mounting air plants

Posted by alexis z8FL (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 1, 06 at 15:30

I need some advice. I have all of my air plants ready to be mounted but have some questions. I have cut wood from a dogwood tree (some limbs needed to be taken off anyway and I figured they would also make good wood mounts for the air plants). What do I need to used to disinfect the wood? Also, I bought some Liquid nails construction glue (Original formula) at my local home depot. Is this safe to use in tanks with dart frogs and green tree frogs? I already have the glavenized wire that needs to be used to hold the tree branch in place.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some questions about Liquid nail glue and mounting air plants

I dont know about liquid nails but silicone is safe after it cures, most people I know have used it for years and havnt had problems, thats why its used in aquariums, as for disinfecting the dogwood....I guess if you can fit it into your microwave? that would work! =) I dont use wire to hold up branches in my set up, I just position it in the tank roughly where I want it, take it out of the tank, and remembering the position, mount the plants, then I sharpen one end up a bit, and stick it right into the foam where, as long as you stick it into the foam deep enough, it will hold strong, thats one of the reasons why I applied the foam so thick! (as one member noticed in my pics) =) It ends up looking like roots (with cool plants growing on them!) sticking out of the background. =)

o
RE: Some questions about Liquid nail glue and mounting air plants

I have air plants but they are breaking apart. Where can I buy some of the adhesive to put them back together?! My local garden centre used to stock it but no longer does. Can anyone help?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here