Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terrestrial_man

Arthur Eames Allgrove

terrestrial_man
15 years ago

The exact period of time eludes me, but I believe that it was sometime in the late 1960s or in the very early 1970s that I was introduced to the world of terrariums. I believe that I had responded to an advertisement in Flower and Garden Magazine (advertising Partridge Berry Bowls) and soon discovered a world of plants (from the eastern USA) that I was entirely ignorant of and of a way of growing them that seemed quite fascinating.

It was through Mr. Allgrove's catalog and this literature on Terrariums and How To Grow Them that I was introduced to Lycopodium (which ultimately lead to my interest in Selaginella and bryophytes).

I have made several attempts of trying to find out what happened to Mr. Allgrove but to no avail. The address shown on the cover is apparently a residence and is now occupied by someone else who is probably not related.

So I am presuming that he is passed. Yet this work of his comments on eastern plants, as well as his art, is of both historical and everyday relevance.

This is a 12 page document. To see the 11 other pages click the link below the image.

Arthur Eames Allgrove

Comment (1)