Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beckerster

groundcover for frog

beckerster
18 years ago

i have a white's tree frog. i just set up the tank for him but i would love to make it a bit more vegitated! what's a good, medium leaved (smaller than pothos, but big enough for a 1 inch frog to hide under) groundcover i could add? i would need it to be non-poisonous, cuz frogs absorb lots through their skin and i dont want to take any chances...thanks bunches!

Comments (3)

• sahoyaref
    18 years ago

How about ficus pumila? It's small-leaved, but will grow thick enough for a frog to hide under. Another option is fittonia, as long as your light is not too high. You can keep it trimmed low enough for a groundcover.

BTW, plants don't just ooze poisons. The only way they are poisonous is if you (or the animal) eats them.

• beckerster
    Original Author
    18 years ago

sweet! thanks for the info! i'll tell all my other "frog people" about the poisonous thing too :)

• dragonthoughts
    18 years ago

plants don't ooze poisons? Rub some unbroken poison ivy over yourself and I'll bet you will not say that again.

I would think african violets would work great, but being a tree frog he probably won't spend much time on the bottom. Hence the name.

Sponsored
WellCraft Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars61 Reviews
Virginia’s Full Service Design-Build Remodeling Company