Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bamboo I.D.?

Posted by nyccoconut 6 (My Page) on
Tue, May 3, 11 at 17:33

Hello!

I purchased a plant online a few years ago and lost the information about it. I have provided a link to an image of the plant below.

Information about the plant:
* About 10" tall
* Only has leaves at the top
* A woody stem
* Thorns on the stem

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Jeff

Here is a link that might be useful: Name this Plant!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bamboo I.D.?

Hey NYC Coconut,

Did you mean to post this here at the Terrarium Forum? or maybe you meant to got to Name That Plant Forum? At any rate, I'm guessing that's why you haven't gotten any responses.

Sorry, not a plant that I know.

o

I'll try there!

Thank you!!!

o

There's also a Bamboo Forum. I'd expect them to know what your plant is.

:)

o

hey nycconconut i know this is the wrong forum but i also happen to know bamboo, the plant in the picture you posted is NOT a bamboo, lol, i think, from the looks of it, that it may be a variety of arailia. maybe even a ficus? but not a bamboo. bamboo culms have nodes on them and i do not see any on the picture you posted, also, they way the leaves are growing is not the typical way that bamboo leaves do. hope i helped you get closer to your identification!

o

I think someone found the name!!:

Sicklethorn?

Here is a link that might be useful: Asparagus falcatus

Here is a link that might be useful: Asparagus falcatus

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here