Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelo_s

dont buy the rainmaker

angelo_s
18 years ago

Rainmaker is a hunk o junk I had mine for 2 days and the pump broke on me not only that but it is so loud you can hear it in another room also they have the worst customer service there is I sent them about 10 e-mails and left several messages on there phone with no responce finnaly they responded after I threatened them that I would contact the BBB It took over 3 weeks to get my rainmaker and the best part of it all there were no directions so after it broke I finally decided to return it.

That same day I came across Pro Mist misting system I called just to see if I can actually speak to a human. I got through right away and spoke to the salesperson for about an hour he went into so much detail with me so I ordered it He said that I would recieve it the next day and I did. It is so easy to use I put it together in about 15 minutes. The pump is self primeing and can run dry for over a week. not only this system is by far better than the rainmaker but it is absolutly silent all you hear is the mist coming out of the nozeles It sounds like the rain forest I am finally so happy now here is there web site

http://www.pro-products.com

Comments (6)

• Cdfortin
    18 years ago

Sorry about that! Looks like you went through a lot of trouble with those folks. When I had problems with my pump from wetworksms.com the owner took a while to respond (said he was at a trade show) but once he did, he sent me a new one free of charge. So, if anyone is looking for a cheaper system (available through lllreptile.com for 99 bucks) I would reccomend it. Don't let the wetworks pump run dry though!

Promist sound really nice. I might have to upgrade sometime in the future...

• angelo_s
    Original Author
    18 years ago

pro mist sells for 179 and the rainmaker jr sells for 169 the ten extra bucks is well worh it I never have to worry about letting the pump running dry the rainmaker pumps are horibble I can hear it throughout my house and if they run dry even for a minute they break and that dosent cover the warrenty the pro mist pump can run continuasly and it doesnt get hot like the rainmaker pump. there nozeles are made of metal not plastic. they are easy to clean and all the parts are with quick lock conections. I highly recoment the pro mist and again I am very happy

• angelo_s
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I returned the rainmaker and their saying that I cannot get my money back because the pump is broken even though I never received directions. I cannot belive this I had the system running for 2 minutes and their product failed to work now I called my credit card company to dispute the charges. I spoke with a rep. from rainmaker they acused me of breaking the pump. that is over $200 I've spent on this junk.

• Krstofer
    18 years ago

What about an "ultrasonic humidifier" type mist maker? Would that work for you guys? It's what I use in my terrarium to bump the humidity- It's attached to a humidistat so I can set the minimum right where I want it.. It comes on and goes off automaticly... And the humidifier I tore apart was $5 at the thrift store.

• sahoyaref
    18 years ago

I can't believe this company, angelo. I recently had a problem with some clothing, and the company was very eager to fix the problem. I guess that's how you tell the good companies from the bad ones! I wouldn't give up until you get your money back!

• angelo_s
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have good and bad news the good news is my credit card company credited me the money and they are disputing the charges with E.T. Also tonight I will contat the BBC on them. the bad news is that E.T. shipped back the broken package back and refuse to issue me a refund And they wrote me a nasty letter saying that I broke the pump because it was covered with water and abused I had it working for about a minute and it broke steve kovalick tried to bully me around but It's not going to happen I hope my credit card company gets their money back and E.T. will suffer a loss

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks