Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What type of gecko do i have in me terrarium???

Posted by Caboolture_sth_qld QLD Aust (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 03 at 7:39

I have two small geckos in a terrarium that i need identifying. The male is just over 9cm long with the female just a bit shorter. They have a slightly spiny tail. They can change between a dark almost black tone to a light flesh colour. The male normally sits on the glass and the female usually hides in the rocks. They are in a small 1 gallon tank at the moment but in the next couple of days will be moved in to a 14 gallon tank. I have heard thay are some type of rock gecko but internet searches have been rather unsuccessful.

Regards John

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What type of gecko do i have in me terrarium???

• Posted by Paul_ z4/5 MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 24, 03 at 10:54

John, your best bet is to either contact a local herp society or to post some pics. If Chris happens by he might be able to id them. Safe to assume they are Aust natives as opposed to imports?

The forums at kingsnake.com would also be a good place to post [again pics will be helpful]

Cheers
: )

Here is a link that might be useful: kingsnake

o

House Geckos?

o

If they're semi-friendly, why not (gently) take one or both to a pet store or someone with herp knowledge for identification, or post photos on the forums?

o

It sounds like you have House Geckos. Try the link below and see if these are what yours look like.
Anna

Here is a link that might be useful: House Geckos

o

They sure do sound like 'house geckos'. They are very common here, in Guam, they are all over, the locals say that they bring good luck, when you find them in the house, notice I said 'when' and not 'if', because, sooner or later they'll get in. I leave the top of my terrarium about 1/2" open during the day, and guess what? found a baby one in there, very happy I may add. They are cute but loud, boy, are they ever! LOL!
Ana :)

o

You should drop the occasional cricket in there to convince them to stay, provided the lid gets closed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here