Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_way_gw

Terrarium/movie

no_way
17 years ago

Ok....

IÂm going to tell a bit of a story, so sorry if youÂre not interested ;)

IÂve had a 10 gallon aquarium/terrarium of a few months now. It had all settled in so I decided to spice it up a little with plastic figures. Do any of you know the old Ray Harryhausen movie "The Valley of Gwangi (1969)"? ItÂs basically a monster movie that is about cowboys vs dinosaurs. Yes, thatÂs right, and itÂs not that bad really. I couldnÂt find any plastic cowboys at the dollar store. So I got green army men. I used the paper play mat that came with the army men as the background for the terrarium, set up the army men and dinosaurs, and dubbed my terrarium "THE RETURN TO THE VALLEY OF GWANGI!". It looks really good, but unfortunately for my army men, they arenÂt faring and better against the forces of nature than the cowboys in the movie :)

I donÂt have a camera, and was hoping to borrow one before posting this. DidnÂt work out. I was just thinking that something like this would be a great project for kids. Not to mention that terrariums are the holy grail of easy plant keeping. Has anyone else out there done silly things with their terrariums like this? IÂve gotten hysterical laughter from every person to look at this thing.

M.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES