Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tropical blueberry in terrarium

Posted by Irdmuthe none (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 13:39

hi- I just bought this plant off Ebay because it's so gorgeous, but read that it can get 6' long!!
but it does say it's a terrarium plant. it looks as though there might be several in the pot, it's possible that I could put one in large standing terrarium I have, and maybe try another one somewhere else that has a good bit of humidity. does anyone have any experience with Sphyrospermum cordifolium, listed as an epiphytic blueberry??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tropical blueberry in terrarium

I have never done any of the tropical blueberries myself but have known others who have. You are correct that you will need a large terr ... along the lines of a 18"X 18" x 18" or larger if you are thinking long term. Good air circulation will be a must.

As you have discovered, one must take any claims of something being a "terrarium plant" with a bag of salt. Terrs have experienced a resurgence of popularity. As a result everyone is try to cash in on it and there are plenty of plants being touted as "terrarium plants" that either aren't at all, or can be provided one is planning on a large terrarium. Vendors rarely mention such things.

o
RE: tropical blueberry in terrarium

Hi
Is that the one native to lowland Costa Rrica,epiphytic vine?? Is that a common name or are they really related to BB?? I recently read a Bio survey of the cental high altitudes and there was a mention of "epiphytic Blueberry"
but unknown to science so guess it would not be the same?? . Googled the name and couldn't find much in English You sound like me Impulse buyer lol i often buy a plant THEN try to figure out how I' going to keep it lol
Good luck sounds interesting!!! gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here