Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul__gw

Misting systems? Your experiences?

paul_
17 years ago

Sort of a set of general questions. While I'm hardly new to terrs, I've never used a misting system before. I might be getting a very large tank -- 90 gal. [Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to get it to my place. I have a friend whose husband has a van but haven't been able to get their schedule to coincide with mine.] If I do succeed in getting the tank, I figure I would be best off looking at misting systems to handle the majority of the water. It would free me up to actually go somewhere for a week without worrying so much about my plants.

So here we go:

1) What all misting systems are y'all using & are you happy with it/them? What would your personal recommendations be?

2) Have any of you made your own misting system & could you post "directions for dummies" on how you did it?

3) Typically how hard are they to install and maintain?

4) Do misting systems come w/ the necessary pump(s) or is that usually separate?

5) How 'misted down' do things usually get?

6) General recommendations on # of nozzles per gallon size of tank (1 US gal = 3.8L). I realize that the type of terr/viv will, of course, have a huge impact on this but hoping for some general guidelines.

7) What sort of price range is typical?

Comment (1)