Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iliketerrariums

Loose interest did we?

iliketerrariums
17 years ago

C'mon people! What the hecks going on! Did you all of a sudden loose interest in the hobby!? Did you just decide not to talk about it any more!? I refuse to beleive that someones life can be so busy that you cant jump on the comp at least once a week and talk to your fellow hobbiest!? If life is that busy I truly feel sorry for you, as you guys are obviously missing the "smelling of the roses" (unless you have more than two toddlers, then I understand!LOL!)

Comments (7)

• deadhamster
    17 years ago

I haven't lost interest at all. My tank is doing as well as ever. I just got an order for a bunch of exotic bromeliads in. But I am not taking pics until they are established :)

-DH

• iliketerrariums
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey DH! Glad to hear from you! Please post pics when the broms are established! =) I havnt really done to much to my set up, just added a couple of broms I picked up in PR, I plan on changing it over to a mostly brom set up as I am going to try PDFs as soon as I switch out the water feature and install some lights on the sides of the tank, I have to try this to supply light to the lowest parts of the tank as I plan on having the bottom covered in moss, please dont be a stranger! =)

• mucky_waters
    17 years ago

Well I just popped in here to see how much activity there was in this forum. Not much I see :)
    Anyway, my Terrarium Thingy is doing fine and so is my chameleon despite all the predictions of gloom and doom by Danny and his schizophrenic multiple personalities.
    My firebellied toad is also doing fine, however one of the goldfish seemed to be stunted and eventually started swimming on it's side so I removed it and humanly disposed of it. The other goldfish is doing great.
    But my more consuming interest right now is my pond outside, I don't have any
    new pictures of it online, but I do have a video you can watch if you like by clicking here.

Mucky

• mucky_waters
    17 years ago

One letter missing and the link doesn't work, try again click here.

• iliketerrariums
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Mucky_waters, Yes, I remember, Your pond video is pretty cool, the music is kinda creepy though! LOL! Nice little collection of critters, have the turtles ever tried to gooble up a frog?

• mucky_waters
    17 years ago

The only critters in the pond that the turtles ever bothered were tadpoles and some tiny fish fry netted localy and put in the pond several years ago. There were hundreds of fry so really it's a good thing the turtles ate them before they grew large. Two of the fry did survive though and one turned out to be a sunfish and the other a perch.
    However, this spring I put a tiny turtle hatchling in the pond and I'm pretty sure one of the frogs ate him. Frogs only eat live (moving) prey, but turtles are happy to eat fish food pellets or other types of (nonliving) food.

• back2eight
    17 years ago

Hey, I haven't lost interest! Sorry I haven't been around though. Crazy summer! My tanks are doing very well, and I have a new one set up. It is waiting for some dendrobates azureus to get here. I don't have any tanks that are just for plants anymore, but I used to. I have tried to get into orchids but can't seem to do good with them. I came to the site a few times and nothing was going on, I didn't have anything new to say, and I stopped checking for a while. I'll try to do better!